There are many things to consider when adding a deck to your outdoor living space. Whether you are looking to reface an existing deck or build from scratch, we will work with you to achieve the right deck for your needs. We pride ourselves on open and ongoing communication from the initial bidding process all the way through project completion.
How much does a deck cost?
We get this question a lot and there are many factors that determine the end price. Below are some of the options you’ll have when deciding on what aspects you want to incorporate in your new deck. The cost of refacing a deck build typically starts around $6,000, while building one from the ground up can start around $14,000, depending on scope of the project.
When it comes to designing your new deck, one of the biggest questions you’ll have is what material to use, natural treated lumber or composite decking.
- Composite decking requires less maintenance. Customers must decide if the look and feel of natural wood is worth the work that goes into periodic staining, painting and replacing sections that have begun to decay. If you’d rather spend your time doing something else, composites are your choice.
- Composites come in a variety of colors. Unlike wood, composites don’t need to be painted or stained to match your home’s exterior.
- You can use recycled materials. This means your synthetic deck can be environmentally friendly.
- Composite surfaces are less prone to staining, fading, scratching and mold.
Treated Wood Decking
- Treated wood is a cost-effective alternative to composite. Pressure-treated pine could cost 15 to 20 percent less than composite material.
- Composites aren’t natural. No matter how much effort goes into making composites look like wood, they’re not. The only way to get the full beauty of a wood deck is to use the real thing.
- Woods decks require more maintenance over the life of the deck with periodic staining and sealing of the wood.
Railing and Lights
Railing and lights are a great way to give your deck a custom look. Whether you are going for a traditional railing or something more modern with an led light package, we can get you there.